My Pick For Best
Pedal Kayak for Ocean Fishing:
The Hobie 2020 Mirage Pro Angler 14
Do you want to get a better pedal kayaking experience for ocean fishing? If yes, then you should consider investing in a good quality
As you all know, pedal kayaking is a fun thing to do and it is a perfect activity for people who love adventures. However, kayaking is perceived as a thrilling activity but it can also be relaxing and mind freshening when you are pedal kayaking. There are budget-friendly pedal kayaks that are great for beginning kayakers. There are plenty of great pedal kayaks for leisure pedaling to enjoy the views.
If ocean fishing is your goal, then you need a few things:
- Stability: On the open water, you need an incredibly stable
pedal kayakthat can handle rougher water. Since you’re probably going after bigger fish as well, you need a more stable base for which to fight the fish.
- Speed: You need to cover more ground if you’re going out on the water. You may need to be able to scoot back home quickly.
- Comfort: You’re probably going to be out on the kayak for longer, so you need a comfortable seat for a kayak experience that won’t get you cramped or sore.
- Storage: When you are out on the water for a while, you need storage for all of your tackle and gear. The last thing you want is to get out to your spot, have a line snap, and then have to come back in because you don’t have extra line.
- Quality: If you’re putting your life into the hands of a
pedal kayak, then it damn well better be the best thing on the market.
When you put all of that together, the only answer is the Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 14
When it comes to deciding whether a kayak is worth buying or not, comfort plays a preeminent role. This
The best thing about this
Here are some key features of this
- The length of this
pedal kayakis 14 feet (stability)
- It comes with an adjustable Vantage seat (comfort)
- Sit-on hull design (comfort)
- The width of this kayak is 38 inches (comfort, Stability)
- Rotomolded polyethylene is used in its making (quality)
- Equipped with mounting tracks (storage)
- Completely equipped weight- 144.5lbs (stability, comfort, quality)
- Rudder System (stability, comfort, quality)
- Padded carry handles for extra comfort while operating it (comfort, quality)
- MirageDrive 180 with turbo fins (speed)
These were some features of this
Why I Think It’s The Best
Pedal Kayak for the Ocean?
Now some of you might be thinking what’s so special about this
One of the best things about this
Stealth and Pedal Ability
Another great thing about this kayak is that it has an impressive pedal ability. As you know, Hobie’s MirageDrive 180 is fitted in this
It comes with a stern with which you can access all of your accessories while sitting on the kayak. In short, it saves from putting extra work in using your other tools
Choosing a kayak with functional storage space is very important because it lets you carry all the essential items. This kayak comes with fantastic storage capacity, and you can easily store all the critical gear. It features an 8-inch rear cargo area, twist-n-seal, and in-built rod holders.
This is also a great feature that sets it apart from other kayaks. Most people complain that their kayaks lose control in the rough waters, but that’s not the case with this kayak. It comes with a tracking skeg that helps you control the kayak in rough seas. Primary and secondary steering is given in this skeg for better handling.
Stability plays a preeminent role, especially when you are out for fishing. A kayak with poor stability won’t only hamper your fishing your experience, but it can also be dangerous. This Hobie’s MirageDrive 180 provides excellent stability; you can stand and cast perfectly. Not only this, but the floors of the
These were some excellent points about this
What It Could Do Even Better?
However, you gain the ocean-level stability in exchange for the slightly reduced speed/easier carrying of some of these lighter pedal kayaks.
The Mirage Pro is a very elegant looking
Other features such as tracking skeg makes this kayak easy to handle, even in the strongest of winds. In short, if you put out the weight issue, then this Mirage Pro
See you on the water!